Als je graag productiever en meer wil bereiken in het leven, c.q. succes, dan is het juist verstandig om zaken, dingen, gedragingen en typerende gebruiken te laten in plaats van toe te voegen. Deze 7 dingen moet je laten om succesvol te worden!
Snak jij altijd naar goedkeuring? Ben jij een perfectionist? Pieker jij zóóó veel dat er vervolgens nooit iets van je plannen komt? Deze ongetwijfeld herkenbare zaken staan je in de weg om jouw doelen te bereiken!
Transcript van deze video:
1. The fear of uncertainty. The first thing to give up on is that fear of uncertainty. If you wait and procrastinate for things to be right you’ll end up waiting for the rest of your life and that’s what murders the chances of ever making progress.
2. The need to be liked/Approval from others. The need to be be liked and get approval from others is a nice concept unless you’re trying to get everyone to approve you, because that’s impossible. Originality and authenticity are two key factors that people will appreciate about you that will separate you from others so try to focus on that and just know the hate and haters will come regardless.
3. Relying on luck. It’s actually pretty easy to get lucky when you work your balls off every day because then opportunities will come along that otherwise would be hidden or you just wasn’t prepared for them yet. Good luck is not given but earned. It seems that luck is nothing more than preparation meeting opportunity.
4.The need to be perfect. The need to be perfect is a major factor you need to give up as it slows down progress dramatically. Perfection doesn’t exist, it’s an illusion and the pursuit of it will waste time and drain your energy like a plumber draining a clogged pipe. Screw perfection, aim for progress and improvement.
5. Avoiding discomfort. Avoiding discomfort versus seeking discomfort has shown to be one of the main factors that separates a struggling low-income worker and potential first generation millionaire. Sacrifice your free time, turn down partying on the weekend and get to work and see where that takes you.
6. A victim mentality. You’ll need to give up the victim mentality which can be easily overlooked and ignored and we don’t always want to realize that we possess it, myself included. Try to always blame yourself for whatever happens and see yourself as the problem rather than pointing fingers at everyone else.
7. Learned helplessness. When everything just goes against you and nothing seems to work out it’s easy to fall into learned helplessness. The belief that no matter what you do you’re not in control of what’s happening based on past experiences and you end up just doing nothing since trying is pointless anyway. The only way to break free from that state is to just keep going once you get started and work through the setbacks.